It’s official…. We can now use the phrase “camp starts next month.” We can’t believe how quickly this year has flown by, and we know that you feel the same way. The Open House Family Picnic is on May 11th – NEXT SATURDAY!! For our Picnic first-timers, this is a day for current and future campers, as well as alumni and their families, to spend a day hanging out at camp. Following is what you can expect at the Family Picnic
1. Spring is in bloom and the weather will be spectacular, because it never rains at CGL. Especially when I put this wish out into the universe….
2. Our amazing culinary staff will fire up the BBQ pit and put together a great lunch spread. Hot dogs, Hamburgers, salads, sun butter (nut-free camp, folks) and jelly, and so much more!
3. There may or may not be a sweet canteen treat available for consumption.
4. Friends will be reunited! There will be lots of running into open arms and shrieking with excitement.
5. The Field Office will be open. Come grab equipment and get on the courts and fields!
6. Upper Staff will be walking around to chat with their campers, and talk to parents. They will be able to facilitate introductions between new and seasoned campers, as well as answer any questions parents may have.
7. Blow-up rides and bounce houses will be set up for hours of jumping fun.
8. Everyone will be gearing up for the best summer between the arches!
9. Last but not least, make sure to get your Camp Green Lane Give a Way!!!!!
We look forward to seeing you there