Located an hour from Philadelphia, 90 minutes from both Baltimore and New York City, and about 2 hours from Long Island, Camp Green Lane is a place where time stands still. Whether it be for 4 or 7 magical weeks, our campers spend their days playing, learning, laughing, and making the kinds of memories and friendships that will last a lifetime!
What makes Camp Green Lane one of the best Poconos, PA overnight camps?
- Our summer family! More than bunkmates, more than counselors, more than upper staff, more than friends… everyone who has ever spent a summer between Camp Green Lane’s arches is part of an amazing extended family. We treat each other with kindness and care. We celebrate each other’s uniqueness, cheer for each other’s victories, and lend a shoulder to help ease each other’s losses. Our family bond is unlike any other and truly helps to make us one of the best Poconos, PA overnight camps!
- Our program! We build our daily program for each bunk by combining the best of the “Four A’s”—Athletics, Aquatics, Arts, and Adventure. Following a “choice within structure” methodology, bunks follow a carefully-constructed daily schedule with built-in periods where campers choose their own camp adventure. Clinics (athletic skills and drills) and electives (activities that they can work on in their own way in their own time) are chosen by campers weekly so that they can benefit from the diversity of our program, while concentrating on activities that they love. Our time-tested programming surely makes us one of the best Poconos, PA overnight camps!
- Our special events and trips! Halloween in July? Check. CGL Triathlon? Check. Olympics? Check. Carnival day filled with rides, games, and prizes? Check. Ice skating, bowling, mini golf, amusement parks, baseball games, indoor trampoline parks? Check. Check. Check. And that’s just a taste of the special events – both in and out of camp – that are part of a Camp Green Lane summer. These special activities add just the right amount of excitement and change to our daily schedule to help create even more amazing summer memories. Our focus on extra fun absolutely makes us one of the best Poconos, PA overnight camps!
- Color War! What would a summer at camp be without Color War? The camp is split up into green and white teams who compete in sports, song, silliness, skits, and spirit to see who will reign supreme. Most campers count Color War as the best week of the entire summer, because no matter what team you are on and no matter who wins, the week is filled with hugs, high fives, and cheers across team lines. Our Color War craziness helps to make us one of the best Poconos, PA overnight camps!
- Our supervision. From our counselors all the way up through our owners and directors, the safety and happiness of our summer family is priority number 1. Our staff attends a week-long orientation so that they are prepared to care for our campers before they arrive. Our seven division supervisors are all parents and teachers, making sure that the children in their care are having the best possible experience. Supervisors are available by both phone and email to connect with parents if questions or concerns should arise. Our attention to detail when it comes to the happiness of our campers helps to make us one of the best Poconos, PA overnight camps!
- Our attention to safety and wellness! Our infirmary staff — a doctor, two RNs, and a “Camp Mom” – are available around-the-clock to handle any and all medical concerns. Should the need arise, Grandview Hospital is just 7 miles from camp. Our dining hall provides three meals each day that focus on great taste while giving our campers the nutrition and energy they need to play all day. Our talented chefs can accommodate food preferences and allergies, and we have menus put together specifically for our vegetarian and gluten-free friends. We are also a nut-free campus so those with nut allergies can rest easy in our care. Our focus on the wellness of everyone in our care helps to make us one of the best Poconos, PA overnight camps.
Put all of these elements together, and you have one of the best Poconos, PA overnight camps since 1926! We would love for you to become part of our summer family!
Fill out the form to request more information!